Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I see a light...

OH MY! You just wouldn't believe it.  I have been seeing a light.  A light way up in the sky!  The sun has been shinning for a few days now that and the fact that the temperature was above 32* makes the snow disappear!  I can not fully express how happy that makes me.  I LOVE THE SUN!!

I love the snow also, just not now.  Snow really needs to arrive sometimes around Thanksgiving and leave by mid-March at the latest.  It just isn't a natural thing to have so much cold...and white...and wet around one's self. 

It isn't natural to have kids dress for Halloween if you are going to cover it up with snow clothes.  And it just isn't natural to hide Easter eggs in the snow either.

Our first Easter in Montana we found ourselves in a 640sq.ft house we build in 3 months...all 4 of us!  It was cozy for sure.  And very easy to clean.  But outside there was a good foot of snow on the ground!  With no room inside to hide eggs, we decided to be good sports about the whole thing and hide them outside.  So with kids waiting inside, we suited up and headed out with plastic filled eggs, to hide in the "playground area".

 Now with nothing but white all around, colored eggs kind of stand out.  We put a few in the trees by closing the eggs around little twigs and tried setting some around here and there.  Eventually realizing that this is silly because you can see every single one of them, not to mention that  you can see our foot prints leading to all of them.

So with a bit of frustration mounting, because I like to torture my kids by actually making them LOOK for eggs, not just automatically see them, I decided to just stay in one spot and throw them around.  It worked much better!! Because not only were there no foot prints to follow, but when the eggs hit the soft snow they didn't break AND they sink a few inches, hiding them from sight. :D

I guess Easter is "do-able" with snow, but it just isn't the same as running around a nice big green yard, not freezing looking for eggs.

Of course now one of my kids is married and away and the other is 15 so I most likely won't be hiding any eggs this year...so I suppose it won't be an issue.  But it would be nice to wear a dress come Easter Sunday.

Yeah...I love the sun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment